Eggless chocolate cake recipe- easiest vegan chocolate cake with most simple ingredients. This chocolate cake is soft, crumbly and moist like a brownie!
PREP TIME 10 mins
COOK TIME 40 mins
TOTAL TIME 50 min
- 1 cup water cold
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven at 180C. Prepare a 8″ or 9″ cake tin by creasing with oil and dusting with flour.
- Add 1 cup water into a mixing bowl. To that add 1 cup sugar. I have sued castor sugar here. You can any type of powdered sugar. Mix well to dissolve the sugar.
- Add 1/4 cup oil, 1 tablespoon vinegar, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract. Mix the wet ingredients thoroughly.
- Sieve wheat flour, plain flour, salt and baking soda over the wet ingredients. Fold and mix.
- Pour the prepared batter into the greased and dusted tin. Tap once or twice.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes depending up on your oven. The cake is done when the top cracks a bit and a tester comes out with very few crumbs.
- Let the cake cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Then invert and cool in a wire rack till it reaches room temperature.
- You can dust with sugar or cocoa powder if needed.
- Cut the cooled cake into squares and serve as snack or dessert.
- You can use a mix of wheat flour and plain flour in this recipe
- Use good quality light olive oil or any neutral oil.
Leave a Reply