Prep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 25 minutesTotal Time: 30 minutes Servings: 4 People Calories: 502kcal
Vegan Chickpea Tikka Masala – So much better than a takeout and so much quicker! This one pot Vegan Tikka Masala is ready in just 30 minutes. Serve warm over steamed rice or with naan to scoop out all the creamy sauce. Here’s the link to cook Chickpeas at home.
- 2 Tsp oil
- 2 medium onion roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 inch ginger minced
- 1 can chopped tomato 400g
- 2 Tsp Tomato Paste
- 2 Cup Cooked Chickpeas
- 1 Tbsp Garam Masala Powder or Tikka Masala Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 Tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tsp ground coriander
- 2 Tbsp Kasuri Methi Optional
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Coriander Leaves
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add onions, salt and saute in between until translucent. About 3 minutes.
- Stir in ginger and garlic and cook until fragrant for about 2 minutes.
- Add the can of chopped tomatoes.
- Add the Garam masala powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder , coriander powder, cumin powder & salt and stir.
- Cover and cook until the tomatoes are mushy, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp tomato paste, 3/4 cup of water and cook covered for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, coconut milk and cook for another 5 minutes, until the curry gravy has thickened.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Switch off the flame. Remove the chickpea tikka masala from heat, add crushed kasuri methi and garnish with coriander leaves. Stir.
- Serve this vegan curry with steaming white rice and naan bread.
Calories: 502kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 21.9g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7.4g | Sodium: 82mg | Potassium: 1306mg | Fiber: 20.8g | Sugar: 16.8g | Calcium: 144mg