Chickpea curry is a classic dish that is popular in many cuisines around the world. It’s a hearty and flavorful dish that can be served as a main course or as a side dish. This vegan version of chickpea curry is not only delicious, but it’s also packed with protein and other essential nutrients. Plus, it’s easy to make and can be customized to your taste preferences.
Here’s a recipe for Vegan Chickpea Curry:
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. grated ginger
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 oz.) coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. salt
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5-7 minutes, until soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic and ginger, and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the curry powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper, and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the chickpeas, diced tomatoes, coconut milk, vegetable broth, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until the curry has thickened.
- Serve the vegan chickpea curry hot, topped with fresh cilantro if desired.
- Nutritional facts per serving (makes about 4 servings):
- Calories: 365
- Total fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 15g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 868mg
- Total carbohydrate: 31g
- Dietary fiber: 9g
- Sugars: 8g
- Protein: 9g
- Note: Nutritional facts may vary depending on the ingredients and brands used.
- This vegan chickpea curry is a satisfying and flavorful dish that is perfect for a cozy night in. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply