PREP TIME15 mins
COOK TIME15 mins
TOTAL TIME30 mins
COURSEAppetizer, Side Dish
- 1 large loaf Italian bread
- 1 cup (112g) vegan mozzarella
- ½ cup (120ml) nondairy milk, unsweetened and unflavored
- 1 medium-sized head of garlic finely chopped (about 1 ounce/30g)
- 10 leaves fresh parsley finely chopped (about 1 ¼ tablespoon/6g)
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) olive oil, light preferred
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Add the vegan mozzarella and nondairy milk to a small pot. Cook over medium heat stirring continuously until a thick sauce has been made. Then remove from the heat.
- In a medium bowl add the chopped garlic, three quarters of the chopped parsley (save some for garnish), and the seasonings. Mix together with a whisk or spoon.
- Cut the bread in half crosswise, then cut that in half lengthwise to reveal the inside of the bread leaving you with 4 pieces.
- Evenly distribute the garlic oil across the 4 pieces of bread, I like to do this with a silicone brush. Then spread the vegan cheese sauce over top of all 4 of them.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes until bread has turned golden and crispy. If desired, broil on high for 2 to 3 minutes to get the top a little golden. Please watch the bread carefully if you do this so it doesn’t burn.
- When it is done sprinkle the rest of the parsley over top. Cut into 16 pieces (each piece of bread into 4) and enjoy.
- If you have any leftovers (highly doubt it though!) you can either refrigerate for up to 2 days or freeze it and reheat when ready to enjoy.