- Author: Adriana
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 2– 12” vegan cheese pizzas 1x
- Category: recipes
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: Italian, pizza
What do we want? Pizza! When do we want it? Now! This vegan cheese pizza recipe smashes pizza cravings like no other- it is SO cheesy, SO crispy, and SO scrumptious! We hope you love this homemade vegan cheese pizza as much as we do (a lot)!
For the Thin Crust Pizza Dough: yield (2- 12″ thin crust pizzas!)
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 1 teaspoon honey or sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs (omit if you don’t have any)
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 cup all purpose flour
For the Chipotle Tomato Sauce:
- 2 cans diced tomatoes, fire roasted is preferred
- 2 teaspoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder (omit if you don’t have it)
- salt & pepper, to taste
For the Melty Pizza Cheese:
- 1 cup plain vegan yogurt, Forager brand cashewgurt is my favorite
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- 1–2 tablespoon nutritional yeast (want more cheesy flavor, add more nooch!)
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 cup fresh chopped basil
- 1–2 cups fresh tomatoes (sliced or diced- your preference)
Start your dough:
- Mix the warm water, the yeast, and the honey/sugar together in a bowl, let it sit for 5 minutes for the yeast to bloom.
- Mix in the salt, fresh chopped herbs, and flour. Stir together until a rough dough forms.
- Flour a cutting board and knead the dough for 3-5 minutes. Then place in a large bowl and cover with a towel to rise for 1-2 hours.
- This post has tips and tricks on crispy thin crust pizza dough!
Start your sauce:
- Peel and chop the garlic. Heat a pan with the olive oil and sautee gently for 3 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes (and liquid) along with the ginger powder, vinegar, and chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.
- Simmer 10- 15 minutes, or until your desired consistency is reached, then reserve for later.
For the cheese:
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend for 30-60 seconds.
- Pour mixture into a small pot and cook on medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- You’ll notice the mixture begin to thicken, the tapioca starch stretchy action occurs as this begins to boil/bubble. Keep stirring for 1 minute after simmering then remove from heat.
- You can drizzle/clump this cheese on as is, or you can freeze it, grate it, and place it back in the freezer until you’re ready to use it.
- This vegan cheese recipe has in-depth info about the cheese!
Make your pizza:
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees, yes 500 degrees.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- Flour a working surface and use a rolling pin to roll into 2 thin circles.
- Place your crust on a parchment lined pizza pan, preferrably preforated.
- Bake for 6 minutes, then remove from the oven. Flip the crust over (optional), add your toppings and bake another 4-5 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
- Top with fresh basil and fresh cracked pepper and enjoy!
** If you have a storebought vegan cheese or tomato sauce, you can use that instead of making your own.
Serving Size 3 piecesServes 5
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 3.1g||4%|
|Total Carbohydrate 52.7g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.5g||13%|