This vegan burrito is stuffed with brown rice, black beans, corn, vegan sour cream, and guacamole. Vegan burritos are the perfect comfort food. And they’re so easy to make! Make them for a simple weeknight dinner
Prep Time:20 minsServings: burritosCalories: 443kcalAuthor: Sina
For the black beans and corn:
- ▢1 can black beans
- ▢1 can sweet corn
- ▢1 teaspoon paprika powder
- ▢1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- ▢1 teaspoon cumin
- ▢2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- ▢2 green onions, cut into rings
- ▢1/2 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- ▢salt, to taste
- ▢black pepper, to taste
For the filling:
- ▢1 cup guacamole (homemade or store-bought)
- ▢1 cup salsa (homemade or store-bought)
- ▢3/4 cup vegan sour cream
- ▢1/2 cup vegan shredded cheese
- ▢3 cups shredded lettuce
- ▢3 cups cooked brown rice (seasoned with salt and 1 teaspoon of cumin)
- ▢6 large flour tortillas (use gluten-free ones if needed)
- Drain and rinse the black beans and the corn. In a medium bowl, combine them with the paprika powder, cumin, smoked paprika powder, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Add the chopped green onions and the fresh cilantro and stir well.
- Lay a tortilla down flat on a plate. Add some rice in the center of the tortilla. Then add some of the bean corn salad on top. Next comes some salsa, lettuce, vegan cheese, vegan sour cream, and avocado. If you want you could also sprinkle some red pepper flakes on top.
- Fold in the sides and then roll the burrito up and wrap it in foil. Then cut it into half with a sharp knife. Enjoy!
- If you want to make the recipe even easier, you can use store-bought guacamole and salsa for your burritos. This will make the recipe much faster.
- For a gluten-free version, make sure to use gluten-free tortillas that are made of corn flour or make your own vegan and gluten-free tortillas with chickpea flour.
- You love burritos but you want your meal to have less calories? Then try a burrito bowl instead. Just skip the tortillas and put all of the ingredients into a big bowl. Just add a bit more of shredded lettuce and you’re good to go. We make this all the time!
- I usually make brown rice in my Instant Pot. It’s much easier and only takes about 20 minutes (set the timer to 15 minutes on manual). Then season it with salt and ground cumin. Cooked rice doubles in weight. So you need 1.5 cups uncooked rice for the 3 cups of cooked brown rice that are required for this recipe.
Calories: 443kcal | Carbohydrates: 70g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 648mg | Potassium: 697mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 575IU | Vitamin C: 9.6mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 3.1mg