Healthy creamy soup minus the cream. Learn to make vegan broccoli cheddar soup recipe here.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Keyword: broccoli soup with potatoes, vegan broccoli cheddar soup, vegan broccoli soup
Servings: 4 people
- Masher / blender
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 medium broccoli Do not throw the broccoli stem,1 medium broccoli yields 3 cups florets.
- 1 medium potato boiled
- 1 tbsp. vegan soup stock powder or bullion powder
- 2 cup water
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast flakes
- ½ cup carrots
- salt as per taste
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onions and garlic to it along with salt. Let it cook for few minutes.
- Add broccoli stems and let it cook for few minutes.
- Add chopped potato to this and stir.( You may use boiled or raw)
- Add some of the broccoli florets and mix well.
- Add water, soup stock powder and let it come to a boil. Once the vegetables are soft, turn off the heat.
- Blend with a hand blender. Once you blend, add nutritional yeast flakes to it. This gives you that yummy cheesy flavor like cheddar.
- The soup base is now ready, allow it to come to boil
- Add remaining broccoli florets and grated carrots to your soup and get it to a boil.
- Add lemon juice and let it simmer for few minutes. Serve hot with toasted sourdough bread.