Vegan blueberry ice cream is a thing of joy. Great ways to use ripe produce and enjoy a sweet treat too. Learn to make it here.
Prep Time15 minsCook Time1 hrFreezing time12 hrsTotal Time13 hrs 15 minsCourse: Ice creamCuisine: AmericanKeyword: vegan blueberry ice cream Servings: 4
- hand blender
- 2 bananas frozen
- 3 cup fresh blueberry yields 1.5 cup puree.
- ¾ cup coconut milk small can
- 2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- Sugar/maple syrup optional, I did not use it, add if you prefer more sweet.
- Take fresh blue berries that are sweet as well.
- Mash them with a potato masher
- Start cooking them on low flame ,allowing to reduce
- Cook until it turns thick and of smooth consistency.
- Mix it with a hand blender
- Pass it through a sieve , allow to cool down.
- Place the puree in an ice cream tray, covered with cling film. Allow it to freeze for 5-6 hours.
- In a blender , add the frozen bananas and frozen blue berry cubes
- Add vanilla extract (optional),Add coconut milk
- Blend for few minutes until all ingredients have been crushed and mixed.If you want to add more sugar maple syrup, check the sweetness of the mix now and add and mix again.
- Move the contents into a box to be frozen
- Cover it with a cling film, allow it to freeze for 5-6 hours. Do not keep your freezer to coldest setting as it will end up with very hard dessert. Also allow your dessert to rest for 5-10 minutes before trying to scoop.
You may add sugar/maple syrup if your berries are tart and not sweet.Add the sugar while cooking berries.