- 3 Persian cucumber or 1 English cucumber
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoon fresh chopped dill(increase or decrease according to taste)
- 3 garlic cloves /minced.
- 2 tablespoon fresh chopped mint
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grate the cucumbers. Toss cucumbers with salt in a small bowl. Firmly squeeze several times with your hands to release excess water. Drain.
- Mix cucumbers, yogurt, lemon juice, herbs and garlic in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix is well
- When ready to serve, stir the tzatziki sauce to refresh and transfer to a serving bowl, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, if you like. Add a side of warm pita bread, falafel, and your favorite vegetables.