Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time35 minutes
Total Time45 minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium leek, diced (white and light green part only)
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 250 g (½ lb) cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 x 400 g (14 oz) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1.5 litres (6 cups) vegetable stock
- 1 bunch cavolo nero (Tuscan kale), stems removed, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy bottom pot and saute the leek, carrot and celery for 8-10 minutes over medium heat until they soften.
- Stir in the garlic and red chilli flakes and continue to cook for another minute until fragrant. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for 3-5, stirring occasionally, until they start to break down.
- Next, stir in the fresh thyme and rosemary, then add the beans and veggie stock. Stir to combine and bring the soup to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes with a lid on, then stir in the cavolo nero. Put the lid back on and continue to simmer for another 5 minutes until the kale wilts.
- Stir in the fresh parsley, season to taste, and serve with crusty bread.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 271Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1115mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 9gSugar: 5gProtein: 13g
Nutritional information is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.