Prep Time 18 minutes
Cook Time 16 minutes
Total Time 34 minutes
Calories 230 kcal
For the Sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce or sambal oelek, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
For the Tofu Stir-Fry
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, or high heat oil of choice
- 1 (14 ounce or 400 gram) package super firm or extra-firm tofu, drained (and pressed if using extra-firm) cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 scallions, chopped, white and green parts separated
- 1 medium carrot, sliced on a bias into strips
- 1 medium broccoli crown, broken into florets
- 4 ounces shiitake mushroom caps, cleaned and sliced
- Cooked rice
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Whisk the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Coat the bottom of a large skillet with oil and place it over medium heat.
- Add the tofu cubes in an even layer.
- Cook the tofu for about 10 minutes, flipping once or twice, until browned on multiple sides.
- Remove the tofu from the skillet and transfer it to a plate.
- Raise the heat to high.
- Add the white parts of the scallions and carrots to the skillet. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli and mushrooms to the skillet. Stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes more, until the veggies deepen in color and become tender-crisp.
- Return the tofu to the skillet and add the sauce.
- Continue to cook everything for about 1 minute, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens and coats the tofu and veggies.
- Remove the skillet from heat and add the green parts of the scallions.
- Divide onto plates and top with sesame seeds. Serve with rice.
Tofu Stir-Fry with Garlic Sauce
Amount Per Serving
Calories 237Calories from Fat 97
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g5%