Prep Time15 minutes
Cook Time35 minutes
Total Time50 minutes
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can (400 g / 14 oz) chickpeas
- 2 teaspoon sage
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoon Italian herbs
- ¼ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 650 ml (3 cups) vegetable stock
- 600 g (1 ½ lb) red-skinned potatoes
- 200 ml (1 cup)vegan cream
- 100 g (7 oz) Cavolo nero, chopped, hard stems removed
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the pressure cooker
- Start the pressure cooker on “sauté” mode on high heat. Add the olive oil; when it’s hot, add the chickpeas and fry them until they start to get golden and crispy, about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn the heat to medium. Add the sage and fennel seeds and cook for one more minute.
- Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until it softens.
- Add the garlic, the Italian herbs, and chilli flakes and cook for a minute until fragrant.
- Increase the heat back to high and pour in the stock. Bring to a boil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the potatoes and cook on medium pressure for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and kale and put the lid back on for 2-3 minutes until the kale leaves soften.
For the stove
- Follow the steps for the pressure cooker, but use a Dutch oven or another heavy-based pot instead. Follow the same timings until step 6. After adding the potatoes, boil the soup on medium heat for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are fork-tender. Add the cream and kale and simmer for 2-3 minutes until the kale has softened.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 329Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 527mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 6gSugar: 5gProtein: 7g
Nutritional information is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.
Leave a Reply