This is it. The BEST Vegan Cornbread. Just like mom used to make, but vegan! Soft, tender and sweet with just the right amount of cornbread texture.
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 25 mins
Total: 30 mins
Servings: 12 servings
- ▢1 1/4 cups allpurpose flour
- ▢1 cup yellow corn meal
- ▢2/3 cup granulated sugar
- ▢1 teaspoon salt
- ▢1 tablespoon baking powder
- ▢1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ▢1/3 cup canola oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and lightly grease a 8 x 8 pan, or a 9 inch round cake pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder and stir.
- Now pour in the almond milk and canola oil. Stir until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- You may use white whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour in place of all purpose flour if you wish. I haven’t tested it with a gluten-free blend but it may work.
- For oil-free, replace the canola oil with applesauce.
- Adapted from allrecipes.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 201kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 229mg | Potassium: 158mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 1mg
course: side dish