- ▢4 Poblano pepper
- ▢½ cup Mexican Rice cooked
- ▢Prepared Black beans – Check the recipe below
- ▢Sauce – Check the recipe below
- ▢1 cup Shredded Mexican blend cheese
To Make the Black Beans
- ▢1 can Organic Black Beans 15 oz drained and rinsed
- ▢1 Onion chopped
- ▢1 clove Garlic minced fine
- ▢1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- ▢½ teaspoon Chili powder
- ▢few Cilantro
- ▢2 teaspoon Oil
- ▢to taste Salt
To Make the sauce
- ▢1 can Whole tomatoes in puree 28 oz
- ▢2 cloves Garlic
- ▢1 Jalapeno
- ▢1 small Onion
- ▢to taste Salt
- To Make the Black Beans
- In a pan, heat 2 teaspoon of oil. Add the chopped onions and sauté until translucent. Now add the minced garlic and fry for one more minute.
- Now add the drained and rinsed black beans to the pan and mix well. Also add ground cumin and the chili powder and give it a stir.
- Finally add the chopped cilantro and turn off the flame. Keep it aside until ready to assemble.
- To Make the Sauce
- In a blender, add all the ingredients listed under the sauce and puree them. If you prefer spicier sauce, leave the seeds and ribs of the jalapeno intact. If you prefer a milder sauce, remove the seeds and the ribs from the jalapeno and then add it to the blender. Pour the sauce in to a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- To Make the Mexican Rice
- Prepare the Mexican rice recipe or make any of your favorite packaged Mexican flavored rice and keep it ready.
- To Assemble the Stuffed Poblano
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Clean the poblano peppers and cut each of them vertically into 2. Remove the seeds and the ribs carefully. Repeat this with all the peppers.
- Get the rice, beans and cheese all ready to be stuffed.
- Working with one piece of pepper at a time, spread a layer of beans. Then top it off with rice. Make sure that the peppers are stuffed well without much empty space.
- Place the stuffed peppers onto the baking dish that is layered with the sauce.
- Once the peppers are all stuffed and placed in the pan, spread the cheese over the peppers.
- Wrap the baking pan with aluminum foil wrap and place it in the oven.
- Bake at 425 F for about 45 mins or until the peppers are soft and tender.
- Now open the aluminum foil and cook for some more time until the sauce thickens up and the cheese is browned on top.
- Let it sit for few minutes before serving.
- Calories: 173kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 393mg | Potassium: 428mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 431IU | Vitamin C: 58mg | Calcium: 213mg | Iron: 2mg
Leave a Reply