For the Dough –
- ▢3 cups All Purpose Flour
- ▢as needed Water
- ▢1 teaspoon Salt
- ▢2 tablespoon Oil plus more to cook the flatbreads
For the Filling –
- ▢4 Potato medium
- ▢4 Spring onion chopped finely
- ▢½ cup Cilantro finely chopped
- ▢2 Green chilies finely chopped
- ▢to taste Salt
- ▢to taste Black pepper
- In a wide bowl, measure the flour and add the salt and oil. Add just enough to bring the flour together and make a soft dough. Knead for about 5 to 7 minutes and then let the dough rest (covered) for at least 30 minutes.
- To prepare the filling –
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water until it is cooked through. Insert a knife or a skewer inside the potato and check to see of it is done.
- Drain the potatoes and let it cool. Peel the potatoes and mash them using a fork. Add the rest of the ingredients mentioned under the filling. Mix it well and leave it aside.
- To shape the flatbread –
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces. Dust the rolling pin and dough ball with flour and roll it into a thin 10 to 12 inch circle.
- Spread about 3 tablespoon of filling on one half of the dough. Leave a little space at the edge to help seal the flatbread.
- Fold the dough over the filling and seal the edges. Make sure to remove any excess air inside the pocket and seal.
- Repeat with rest of the dough.
- To Cook the flatbread –
- Heat a heavy griddle/pan over medium heat. I love using my cast iron pan for cooking the Bolani.
- Add about a tablespoon of oil on the griddle and spread it around. Place the shaped flatbread and cook on both sides until golden brown. Add more oil if needed.
- Place the cooked Bolani between kitchen towel to keep them warm.
- Repeat with the rest of the dough and serve warm.
- Calories: 289kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 337mg | Potassium: 520mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 127IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 3mg
Leave a Reply