prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 5 MINUTES
total time: 10 MINUTES
Instant Pot Spicy Thai Noodle Bowl -The easiest noodle 🍜🍜 recipe ever! A quick recipe for flavorful Asia inspired noodle made right in the instant pot. You can get a family favorite meal on the table even faster on busy nights! Leftovers are yummy, hot or cold! Enjoy!
- 8oz spaghetti noodles
- 1 stalk green onions/chopped
- 4 tablespoon cilantro/ chopped roughly
- 1/2 cup peanuts/ Roasted /roughly chopped
- 2 Carrot/Julienne
- 1 cup Purple cabbage/ chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper/ Julienne
- 1/2 green bell pepper / Julienne
- PEANUT SAUCE
- 1/4 cup peanut butter/crunchy or smooth
- 2-1/4 cup water ( use only 1/4 cup water if making it on the stove top)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoon Sriracha ( Add more according to your taste )
- 1/2 fresh lime juice
- 1-inch ginger/grated
- 3 garlic/ minced
- salt to taste
INSTANT- POT 10 MINUTE SPICY THAI NOODLE BOWL
- Add the Peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, sriracha, ginger, garlic, salt, and water.
- Give it a nice whisk to combine the sauce.
- Divide spaghetti into two batches. Break spaghetti into half and then add to the pot. Add spaghetti to the inner pot in a criss-cross pattern: as shown in the video.
- Using a spatula, push down on spaghetti until submerged in the liquid.
- Close the lid.
- Select the Manual or Pressure Cook mode and adjust the time to 5 minutes (00:05).
- Press ‘Start’.
- When pressure cooking is complete, quick release of the pressure (QR).
- Open the LID carefully.
- add the chopped veggies and use a tong to mix it all together nicely, then place the lid back on and let sit for 5 minutes. Squeeze in the lime juice and garnish it with some green onions, chopped roasted peanuts and Enjoy!!
- Read notes* for more Tips.
STOVE-TOP SPICY THAI NOODLE BOWL
- Cook noodles according to directions listed on the package.
- Meanwhile prepare peanut sauce by combining all sauce ingredients in a mixing bowl, whisking until well blended and smooth.
- Drain Noodle and pour into a large serving bowl.
- Toss in the veggies and pour in the Peanut sauce toss lightly.
- Sprinkle with Roasted peanuts & green onion and serve.
- Make sure you add enough water to cover the noodles and some more. If you find the noodles to be too liquidy/watery, do not worry, allow them to rest for 3 to 5 minutes, and they will absorb the extra liquid.
- A lot of IPs are prone to showing the burn notice, especially the newer models To avoid BURN notice: Make sure that there’s nothing stuck at the bottom before you put on the lid. (You can also make the sauce beforehand in a bowl and whisk it)
- Make sure you add enough water to cover the noodles and some more
- You can add the veggies with spaghetti if you don’t care about how firm your veggies are in this Instant -pot spicy Thai noodle bowl. It will all cook all together nicely and save you the hassle of adding the veggies later. It’s really up to you.
- Want to make it more filling? You can add your choice of protein ( Tofu ) which will help bulk it up.
- If using Rice noodles the time and water ratio changes. 8oz rice noodles+1-1/2 cup water and 3 mins cook time.QR
- Adjust the spice level according to your taste buds.
Leave a Reply