“This is a refreshing and easy side dish for a grilled meal of fish, chicken or pork.”
- 1fresh pineapple
- 1tablespoon olive oil, plus
- extra olive oil, for brushing on grill
- 1⁄4teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat the grill to high, brushing the grates with oil.
- Prepare pineapple by removing the tops and the skin.
- Slice into rounds, about 3/4 inch thick and remove the cores.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Brush pineapple slices with oil mixture.
- Place on grill, cover and cook 8-10 until charred and tender, turning once.