prep time: 30 MINUTES
cook time: 30 MINUTES
additional time: 2 HOURS
total time: 3 HOURS
These vegan fluffy garlic rolls are soft and fluffy and go great as a side to your meals or a sandwich base. Vegan & Delicious.
- 300 milliliters unsweetened plant milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 7 grams dry yeast
- 500 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 70 grams vegan butter Violife Vioblock
- 2 tbsp vegan butter Violife Vioblock
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- In a bowl mix lukewarm unsweetened plant milk and sugar. Stir in the yeast, cover the bowl, and let sit for about 10 minutes, until the yeast activates, rises, and turns foamy.
- To a large bowl add flour, salt, and baking powder. Stir to combine, then add the yeast mixture and the melted vegan butter Violife Vioblock. Knead for about 10 minutes into a smooth and elastic dough. Transfer the dough to a lightly greased bowl, cover it with cling wrap, and let rise for about 1-2 hours, or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Once the dough has risen, dump it on a lightly floured working space, then divide it into 12 roughly equal pieces (you can weigh each dough piece to be sure they’re even in weight). shape each dough piece into a ball and place it into a lightly greased rectangular baking pan. Cover the dough with a kitchen towel and let rise another hour or so, until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C / 320°F.
- Once the rolls have risen, place the baking tray into the preheated oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes, until the rolls are golden brown in color.
- Meanwhile, make the garlic butter: add the vegan butter Violife Vioblock to a pan and let it melt on medium heat. Continue cooking while stirring often until the butter clarifies, about 5 minutes – the butter will start smelling nutty and fragrant. Add minced garlic and let it cook for a minute, until fragrant. Lastly, stir in the chopped parsley and remove from heat.
- When the dinner rolls are baked, remove them from the oven and immediately spread them with the garlic butter mixture on top.
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 230 TOTAL FAT: 8g SATURATED FAT: 2g TRANS FAT: 1g UNSATURATED FAT: 6g CHOLESTEROL: 2mg SODIUM: 248mg CARBOHYDRATES: 35g FIBER: 1g SUGAR: 2g PROTEIN: 5g
Nutrition data is automatically calculated using Nutritionix and may not be accurate.
Leave a Reply