- ▢1 tbsp evoo
- ▢1 onion diced
- ▢1 aubergine
- ▢2 red peppers
- ▢450 g medium firm tofu
- ▢150 ml plant-based milk
- ▢1 tsp sea salt
- ▢1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- ▢red chili flakes
- ▢1 tbsp parsley chopped
- ▢2-3 tbsp vegan parmesan
- ▢250 g cremini mushrooms
- ▢2 tbsp salted vegan butter @love.legrand
- ▢2 slices sourdough torn into bite sized chunks
- ▢salt + pepper to taste
- Cook aubergine and peppers over the open flame of your gas range (8 minutes a side for the aubergine and a little less for the peppers), until soft on the inside and charred on the outside.
- Optional: roast aubergine and peppers whole (on a lined baking tray—middle rack) at 475 for 45 minutes or so. Flip once while cooking. Veggies should be blackened, blistered and soft.
- Place aubergine and red pepper in a colander over a bowl and cover with aluminum foil for 10 or so minutes.
- In the meantime, cook onion in evoo (in a frying pan over medium high heat) until soft with a bit of colour.
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until silky smooth and heated through (if your blender will do it).
- If not, blend until smooth and transfer to pot to heat through.
- In a frying pan over medium, heat 1/2 vegan butter. Cook mushrooms until golden on both sides—be sure to season well.
- Push the mushrooms to one side of the pan, heat the remaining vegan butter and fry sourdough until crisp. Give the croutons a little pinch of salt.
- Add mushrooms, sourdough, parsley, red chili flakes and parmesan to finish off soup. Enjoy hot.