These delicious air fryer smashed potatoes are so addictive and taste fantastic. Crispy skin and perfectly done potato with a lovely taste from the spices and butter/oil. Perfect side.
COOK TIME10 minsCOOKING POTATOES15 minsTOTAL TIME25 minsCOURSEAppetizer/Side DishCUISINEAmericanSERVINGS4CALORIES142 kcal
- Philips Air fryer
- 1 lb. potatoes or 500 gm.
Spice mix for brushing
- 1.5 tbsp. olive oil vegan or butter/ghee
- 1 tsp. garlic powder or minced garlic
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Salt to taste
- Boil potatoes in pressure cooker/ Instapot or microwave them till done.
- Use a thick glass to smash them lightly.
- Preheat air fryer to 400 F or 200 C for 4 minutes.
- Lay the smashed potatoes in a single layer and air fry for about 7 minutes. Brush with spiced olive oil or butter and air fry for a further 3 minutes till they are crispy and delicious.
- Take them out and brush once more with the butter or oil spice mix to enhance the flavour.
- Serve hot with a dip or have them as is.
1. You can use the same recipe with baby potatoes. Your air fryer time will reduce depending upon the size of potatoes. 2. Any potatoes (red, golden) work well for this recipe. 3. Microwave the potatoes for about 8-10 minutes till they seem mostly done. 4. Or you can cook them in Insta pot or pressure cook till done but not mushy. 5. Use olive oil for vegan and dairy free recipe. 6. For oil free recipe, make a paste of spices in a little water (or lemon juice) and brush on the potatoes when a couple of minutes of air frying time is left. 7. You can also cook the potatoes in air fryer by doing them for about 12-14 minutes at 400 F. This is prior to the smashing and air frying.
Calories: 142kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 3gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 8mgPotassium: 500mgFiber: 3gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 6IUVitamin C: 22mgCalcium: 17mgIron: 1mg