- Author: Verna
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 60 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 10 Servings
- Diet: Vegan
- 3 large overripe bananas (about 1 and 1/2 cups I measured)
- 1/2 cup of oil, I use grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened vegan yogurt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (measure then chop)*
OPTIONAL ADD INS:
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9×5 non stick loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Add the overripe bananas to a large mixing bowl and mash with a fork until smooth. Whisk in the rest of the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Now add the dry ingredients on top starting with the flour, then add the baking soda, salt and cinnamon on top of the flour. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts and dairy free chocolate chips (if using)
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove banana bread from pan and cool on a cooling rack for at least 10-15 minutes before slicing. Or cool completely and then slice. It should be a lovely golden brown on top with some cracks which is completely normal.
Enjoy with a glass of soy milk or your favourite non dairy milk or a cup of coffee or tea! Serve with or without vegan butter. Tastes even better the next day!!
- you can use melted vegan butter or refined coconut oil in place of grapeseed oil. (I prefer grapeseed oil)
- For oil free: use applesauce instead of oil (Oil is my preference)
- For gluten free: use a gluten free flour blend and you could also use a white whole wheat flour or a spelt flour in place of all purpose flour. I like recipe best as written.
- For nut free: omit the walnuts
- To store and freeze: will keep covered on the counter for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to a week and freezes well. Slice and wrap individually in plastic wrap to freeze. Or wrap the whole loaf tightly in plastic wrap and then in tin foil and it will keep for up to 2 months in the freezer.
- Calories listed do not include dairy free chocolate chips
Serves 10Serving Size: 1Calories Per Serving: 355