PREP TIME5 mins
COOK TIME15 mins
TOTAL TIME20 mins
- ▢½ cup Vermicelli
- ▢½ cup Jaggery
- ▢1 cup Water
- ▢1 cup Coconut Milk
- ▢1.5 tbsp Ghee
- ▢½ tsp Cardamom Powder
- ▢Cashews as needed
- ▢Raisins as needed
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry the cashews until golden color. Then add the raisins and fry until plumps up. Take them out of the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add and roast the vermicelli on a low – medium flame till they change color to light golden brown color.
- Add one cup of boiling water to the roasted vermicelli. Cover with a lid and let it cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the powdered jaggery and cardamom powder to the cooked vermicelli and combine. Let the jaggery dissolves completely.
- Turn off the flame. Add the coconut milk and mix until well combined. Add the fried cashews and raisins and mix.
- Serve warm or chilled.
- Do not heat the payasam after adding coconut milk.
- You can also use almonds if you want.
- Nutrition values are estimates only.
Leave a Reply