PREP TIME 5 mins COOK TIME 15 mins TOTAL TIME 20 mins COURSE break fast or snack SERVINGS 3CALORIES 123 kcal
1 CUP = 250 ml
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour or gram flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 green chilies chopped
- 1/4 inch ginger peeled and minced
- 6 bread slices
- oil or ghee to fry
- Measure out chick pea flour in a mixing bowl.
- Add water slowly and make a slightly runny lump free slurry.
- Add salt, chili powder and turmeric powder. Mix very well.
- Add chopped onions, tomatoes, capsicums, grated carrots, chopped cilantro leaves, minced ginger and chopped green chilies. Mix very well.
- Take a bread slice and cut into two. Dip in the prepared batter
- Heat a tava with 2 teaspoons oil or ghee. Place the batter coated bread slice and toast from both sides until golden and crispy at the edges.
- Serve hot with green chutney.