This Sausage Tortellini Soup is a tomato-based soup loaded with vegetables, Italian sausage and cheese tortellini. It’s the perfect cold weather soup and freezer friendly!
PREP TIME10 mins
COOK TIME30 mins
TOTAL TIME40 mins
- ▢1 lb Italian sausage mild or spicy (no casings)
- ▢3 large carrots peeled and diced
- ▢1 onion finely diced
- ▢1 rib celery finely chopped
- ▢1 ½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ▢1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ▢1 teaspoon salt
- ▢3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- ▢1 798 ml can diced tomatoes (28oz)
- ▢1 cup tomato sauce
- ▢250 grams fresh cheese tortellini about 3 cups
- Add Italian sausage to a large soup pot and cook over medium-high heat until browned. Drain any excess fat.
- Add carrots, onion and celery. Cook and stir until onion has softened.
- Add Italian seasoning, garlic and salt and cook 1 minute.
- Add broth, tomatoes and tomato sauce and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes, until carrots are almost tender.
- Stir in tortellini. Cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes until tender. Serve
Calories: 443cal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 1398mg | Potassium: 575mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 5310IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 108mg | Iron: 2.9mg