Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time50 mins
Total Time1 hr 5 mins
Course: Side Dish
Servings: 6 Servings
- 9″ x 13″ Baking Dish (or similar)
- 3 pounds russet potatoes peeled and quartered lengthwise (approx. 6-8 potatoes)
- 1.5 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup white wine or sub for more broth
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice approx. 1 medium lemon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
For Garnish (optional)
- lemon wedges, fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F convection bake.
- Arrange your quartered potatoes in a 9×13 baking dish (or similar) in an even layer. Add all remaining ingredients to a small bowl or measuring cup and whisk to combine. Then pour the mixture over your potatoes.
- Cover your baking dish with parchment paper and aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Then remove the foil and parchment, gently mix the potatoes and bake an additional 20-30 minutes or until most of the liquids are absorbed and desired crispiness level is reached.
Try not to overlap the potato wedges too much. Use a deep and large enough baking dish to accommodate them.
Check on your potatoes often towards the end of cooking. You want the liquids mostly absorbed, but not completely gone, so that they don’t stick to one another or dry up.
Cooking time will vary according to the size of your baking dish and how close together your potatoes are. Check tenderness levels, using a fork, towards the end of cooking to make sure they’re done.
The parchment paper is not necessary to the end result, but if you prefer to not have aluminum foil touch your food, use parchment paper in between.
For wine free, simply use more vegetable broth in its place. The flavour will still be great.
Calories: 207kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 0.2g | Sodium: 265mg | Potassium: 986mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 9IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 2mg