Roasted Sweet Potato Slices in Garlic Honey Butter are the perfect easy side dish to bring for the holidays! With simple ingredients, these oven baked sweet potato slices are tossed in a delightfully sweet and savory garlic butter glaze!
PREP TIME15 mins
COOK TIME1 hr 5 mins
TOTAL TIME1 hr 20 mins
SERVINGS8 to 10
- 3 sweet potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 Tablespoons butter melted
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 grinds fresh black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves plus more for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a glass measuring cup or small bowl, melt the butter in the microwave, then add all other ingredients (except the sweet potatoes). Whisk to combine.
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes, cutting away any bad spots. Slice them into thin rounds with a knife or a mandolin if you have one! About the width of poker chips!
- Toss the sweet potatoes with the glaze in a large bowl, using your hands to get them evenly coated.
- Arrange the slices in an oval casserole dish, stacking them back together and then fanning them out around the outside and then filling in the middle.
- Cover tightly with tin foil and bake for 60 minutes. Remove the foil and BROIL for 5 to 10 minutes to brown and crisp up the top. Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn. Garnish with fresh thyme leaves and sprigs.
Make Ahead Instructions
- This entire dish can be made ahead raw without baking it a day in advance and kept covered in tinfoil in the fridge. Then bake as instructed when ready.
- You could also make the entire dish, bake it the full hour or maybe a little less, and transport it hot to the host’s house. Then just keep it warm in their oven until serving time, removing the foil so the top can crisp up.
- You could also make the dish, bake it a bit less than the full hour, then refrigerate it in the tinfoil a day in advance. Then reheat/cook it the rest of the way just before serving.
Leave a Reply