- 2 cups dried white chickpeas or canned chickpeas
- water for cooking chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon oil
- salt to taste
- chili powder to taste
- Soak dried white chickpeas or kabuli chana in water for 6-8 hours
- Drain well and pressure cook until done.
- If you are using canned chickpeas, skip the above steps.
- Drain and rinse the cooked chickpeas very well.
- Spread on a clean cloth and fan dry for 30-40 minutes (important!)
- Preheat oven at 180 C / 350 F.
- Grease a large baking sheet with oil.
- Combine dried chickpeas, salt, chili powder and 2 teaspoons oil in a bowl. Toss well.
- Spread as single layer on the greased baking tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-45 minutes.
- Once done let cool thoroughly. Store roasted chickpeas in airtight container and serve as required.
- Whether you can using canned chickpeas or dried and cooked ones, make sure to drain the excess thoroughly. If there is moisture in the legume, it will not be roasted well.
- You can season as you wish, here I have just added salt and chili powder. Also I like to season the chickpeas before roasting. The flavors get deep inside the legumes rather than tossing the seasoning once roasted.
- Serving: 2cups Calories: 167 kcal