- Author: Verna
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 15 Minutes
- Yield: 16 Brownies 1x
- Diet: Vegan
Raw Vegan Brownies! With dates, cocoa, nuts, easy chocolate frosting. Fudgy, healthy whole food unbaked raw brownie recipe that tastes DELICIOUS! No added sugar, gluten free.
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup whole raw almonds
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds, I buy mine toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee, regular or decaf
- 2 cups whole pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/2 cup cocoa, I like Hershey’s 100% natural cacao
FOR THE FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup refined coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter, I use all natural unsalted
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon instant coffee, regular or decaf
- Add dates to a bowl and cover with boiling water for five minutes, this softens the dates. Drain and set aside
- While dates are softening add the pecans, almonds, sesame seeds, salt and instant coffee to the food processor. Process until completely broken down.
- Now add the dates and vanilla and process again until the dates are completely blended in.
- Lastly mix in the cocoa, stopping to push the mixture around a few times until the cocoa powder is mixed in. This will take a few minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a non stick 8×8 brownie pan and spread evenly in the pan with your fingers while pushing down firmly. Place brownies in the freezer to chill while making frosting.
- To make the frosting: add coconut oil to a medium microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave until just melted. Whisk in the rest of the ingredients until smooth. Pour over the brownies. Tilt the pan a little to evenly distribute the icing.
- Place uncovered in the fridge for 40-60 minutes until the chocolate frosting has set. Slice and enjoy! Makes 16 bars
- I used regular dates for this recipe rather than medjool dates as they are more budget friendly and just as tasty. If using medjool dates there is no need to soak them but you might need to add a tablespoon of water or coconut oil if they don’t blend properly after adding cocoa.
- These brownies will keep covered in the fridge for a couple of weeks and freeze great for up to 2 months if wrapped well.
- the frosting for this recipe is adapted from my Best Vegan Chocolate Bars and Oh She Glows
- prep time doesn’t include chill time
- Category: Sweets, Gluten free, Vegan Holiday Recipes
- Method: food processor
- Cuisine: American, Canadian
Serves 16Serving Size: 1 brownieCalories Per Serving: 233
Total Fat 17.4g0%Cholesterol 0mg5%Sodium 110.5mg7%Total Carbohydrate 19gSugars 13.9g7%Protein 3.5g