This Quinoa Taco Salad Bowl is a delicious and nutritious vegetarian meal that even meat eaters will love! The perfect weeknight dinner.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time47 mins
Total Time1 hr 7 mins
- Olive oil spray
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- ½ – 1 chipotle chili pepper in adobo sauce chopped fine
- ½ cup quinoa rinsed
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 ½ cups cooked pinto beans about 1 can
- 1 ½ cups frozen corn thawed
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 6 cups romaine lettuce
- ½ cup grated Cheddar of Daiya
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 cup salsa
- For serving: tortilla chips OR tortilla bowl sour cream/Greek Yogurt
- Spray a medium skillet well with olive oil spray. Add chopped onion and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, until tender. Add garlic, taco seasoning, chipotle chili, and quinoa. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add vegetable broth and bring to a simmer. Reduce to low and cook for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Stir in lime juice, pinto beans, corn, and cilantro. Cover and let sit off the heat for 5 minutes. Fluff.
- Fill bowls (either regular or tortilla bowls) with romaine lettuce. Top with quinoa mixture, cheese, avocado, and salsa. Serve with tortilla chips and sour cream or Greek Yogurt.
- Calories: 360kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 798mg | Potassium: 1082mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 6860IU | Vitamin C: 17.5mg | Calcium: 206mg | Iron: 3.8m
- Please note that nutritional information does not include chips or tortilla bowls.