Savory muffins made without yeast using whole wheat flour, veggies and pizza flavour make these delectable muffins, which you can’t stop at one.
PREP TIME10 mins
COOK TIME20 mins
1 cup = 200 ml
FOR MAKING BATTER
- 1 cup whole wheat flour 160g/5.64 oz
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp mix herbs
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder see notes below
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp onion finely chopped – see notes
- 4 tbsp yoghurt
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup or pizza sauce
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3/4 cup vegan mozzarella cheese 100 gram/3.52 oz
- 1/2 cup bell pepper mixed – green, yellow, red/60 gram/2.11 oz
- 1/4 cup sweet corns 32 gram/ 1.1 oz
- 3/4 cup vegan milk 150ml/more or less
- 1/2 cup vegan mozzarella
- 1/4 cup bell pepper mixed
- few Mix herbs
- few Red Chilli flakes
- some Black pepper powder
PREPARATION OF INGREDIENTS
- Cut bell pepper into small pieces. We have used the bell pepper of all three colours – red, yellow and green. If you have only green, it’s fine.
- Grate Vegan Mozzarella cheese or you can use the shredded mozzarella.
- Chop onion very finely.
- Grease muffin tins with oil.
- Switch on the oven @170°C/338F for 10 minutes for preheating.
MAKING OF BATTER
- Take a bowl and place sieve over it.
- Add whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Sift the Ingredients into a bowl.
- Add mix herbs, oregano, garlic powder, red chilli flakes, onion, yoghurt, tomato ketchup, oil, vegan mozzarella cheese, bell pepper and sweet corns.
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Now begin to add vegan milk, less at a time.
- When you get a thick batter, stop.
- Using a spoon, add batter into the greased muffin tins filling them till 3/4th.
- When all the muffin tins are filled, top them with some vegan mozzarella cheese and bell pepper.
- Sprinkle some mix herbs, red chilli flakes and black pepper powder.
- Bake @170°C/338F for 25 to 30 minutes in the middle rack of the oven with both the rods on.
- Once done, bring them out and insert a toothpick. If it comes out clean, means muffins are properly baked.
- Take muffins out of muffin tins.
- Enjoy warm with a cup of tea.
In case you don’t have garlic powder, take 2 garlic cloves and crush them very finely and then add.
If you have onion powder, you can add 1 tsp of it instead of fresh onion.
Leave a Reply