Adasi is a vegan Persian lentil soup. This Instant pot version is a dump and go recipe free from oil.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time18 mins
Pressure Release Time18 mins
Course: Main Course, Mains
Cuisine: Middle eastern, Persian
- Instant Pot 6 qt
- 1/8 cup brown rice
- 3/4 cup green lentils
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 3/4 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp lemon zest zest from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1/4 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Sumac
- 1 tsp Kosher salt or to taste
- Combine all the ground spices under the spice mix list of ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Set aside.
- Making the soup
- Place the brown rice and lentils in a colander.
- Wash them under running water twice.
- Insert the inner pot into the Instant pot.
- Add the washed rice and lentils to the inner pot.
- Pour the stock in.
- Tip in the finely chopped garlic, onions and tomatoes.
- Mix well.
- Add the herbs and stir to combine.
- Tip in the spice mix and mix well.
- Add the grated lemon zest and stir well.
- Instant Pot cooking time
- Ensure that the sealing ring has been inserted into the lid properly.
- Close the Instant Pot and turn the valve to SEALING.
- Switch on the Instant Pot
- Press PRESSURE COOK BUTTON- HIGH PRESSURE-15 MINUTES.
- Allow the cooking cycle to complete.
- When the cooking cycle is completed, allow the pressure to release naturally.
- Open the lid and gently mash the lentils.
- If you find the soup too thick, add 1 cup water and mix.
- Turn on SAUTE MODE- NORMAL-3 mins.
- Allow the soup to simmer until the SAUTE cycle completes.
- When done, serve hot.
- Nutritional values are given here as a courtesy. Please consult a diet and nutrition expert for further detailed information.
- Instant Pot timings vary based on geographic location.
- For Instant Pot & Air Fryer Recipes
- Instant Pot timings may vary based on your geographic location. Air fryer settings and timings may vary based on the capacity and the model of the Air fryer.
- Nutrition values are provided here as a courtesy and are only a rough guide. Please consult a health care provider if you have any concerns.
- Calories: 179kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1091mg | Potassium: 485mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 630IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 3mg