Prep Time6 hrsCook Time20 minsTotal Time6 hrs 20 minsCourse: DessertsCuisine: American
- ¾ cup peanuts roasted& unsalted ( ¾ cup peanuts yield ½ cup peanut butter)
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds soaked water for 15 minutes
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups frozen bananas or 3 large frozen bananas(peeled and frozen) chopped
- ½ tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup / agave/ honey if not vegan
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt optional
- Soak chia seeds in water. Keep it aside for 15 mins.
- Grind peanuts to make nut butter in a spice grinder. Keep grinding peanuts in short pulses until the oil is extracted and it gets a soft silky texture.(you can skip this step and use a store bought peanut butter)
- In a blender, add the nut butter, frozen bananas, vanilla extract and chia seeds along with maple syrup and salt(optional) . Blend until you get a smooth mixture.
- Pour the mixture in an ice cream tub and add some roasted chopped nuts or chocolate chips on top.
- Cover it with cling film. Close the lid and let it set overnight of 5-6 hours in the freezer.Do not keep your freezer to coldest setting as it will end up with very hard dessert.
- Before serving, wait for 5-10 minutes before scooping and serving. Serve it in cone or cup with extra chopped nuts, chocolate sauce
You can use store bought peanut butter as well.Do not keep your freezer to coldest setting as it will end up with very hard dessert.I don’t mind adding a pinch of salt in the ice cream, it helps to enhance the sweetness