Vegan Peanut Butter Curry😋
This peanut butter curry is creamy, naturally vegan and simply bursting with flavor. It’s also ready in just 30 minutes for the perfect healthy dinner to enjoy at the end of a busy day.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 small red chili pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 can (14 oz / 400 g) crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (100 g) natural peanut butter
- 1 can (13.5 fl.oz/ 400 ml) coconut milk
- 1 can (14 oz / 400 g) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups (150 g) broccoli florets
- A handful fresh cilantro (coriander)
- Heat the avocado oil in a large, deep pan and fry the onion for 5-6 minutes over medium heat until softened.
- Add the garlic, ginger and red chili pepper and continue to cook for another minute.
- Stir in the garam masala and curry powder, then add the crushed tomatoes, peanut butter and coconut milk and stir to combine.
- Add the chickpeas and broccoli, bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes covered with a lid.
- Stir in the fresh cilantro, season to taste and serve with rice or naan, topped with some crushed peanuts if you like.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 409Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 475mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 11gSugar: 8gProtein: 14g
Nutritional information is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.