- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cups chopped yellow onion
- ¾ cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 5 cups lower-sodium chicken broth
- ¾ cup matchstick carrots
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) bone-in chicken breast, skin removed
- 1 (12 ounce) package refrigerated potato gnocchi
- 3 cups baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Step 1Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and celery; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and thyme; cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in broth, carrots, pepper, salt and chicken; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium to maintain a simmer; cook, flipping the chicken occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken registers 165°F, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Step 2Stir gnocchi into the simmering soup; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, using 2 forks, shred the chicken into bite-size pieces. Return the shredded chicken to the pot. Add spinach; stir until the spinach is wilted, about 1 minute.
- Step 3Whisk half-and-half and cornstarch together in a liquid measuring cup. Drizzle the mixture into the soup; cook, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Serving Size: 2 cups Per Serving:
- 451 calories; protein 27g; carbohydrates 49g; dietary fiber 5g; sugars 5g; fat 17g; saturated fat 4g; mono fat 10g; poly fat 2g; cholesterol 58mg; vitamin a iu 3829IU; vitamin b3 niacin 11mg; vitamin b12 1mcg; vitamin c 20mg; vitamin d iu 1IU; vitamin e iu 3IU; folate 25mg; vitamin k 217mg; sodium 574mg; calcium 151mg; iron 3mg; magnesium 65mg; phosphorus 286mg; potassium 673mg; zinc 1mg; omega 6 fatty acid 2g; niacin equivalents 14mg; selenium 17mcg.