- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
1 ½ cup frozen banana slices
½ cup frozen avocado chunks, lightly thawed for 15 minutes
⅓ cup toasted hazelnuts (see note below)
1 tablespoon raw cocoa or cacao powder
1 tablespoon maple syrup
½ cup unsweetened plant milk (almond, soy, coconut or oat)
sliced banana, mini dark chocolate chips, chopped toasted hazelnuts, 1 tablespoon Nutella spread (microwaved for 30 seconds to make it pourable), hemp hearts
- Toast hazelnuts. Place whole hazelnuts in a dry skillet and toast for 5-10 minutes on medium heat, shaking the pan often. You can also do this in the oven by placing the hazelnuts on a baking sheet and roasting them for 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Let cool completely before using.
- Take the frozen avocado chunks out of the freezer at least 15 minutes before making the smoothie bowl.
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Start with unsweetened plant milk, add frozen banana slices, frozen but lightly thawed avocado chunks, cocoa powder and maple syrup.
- Blend until smooth. I make my smoothie bowl in a Vitamix blender and use the tamper to help break down frozen fruit.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve with your favorite toppings. I top mine with mini dark chocolate chips, more toasted hazelnuts, fresh banana slices, 1 tablespoon Nutella (microwaved for 30 seconds to become pourable) and hemp hearts.
I recommend taking avocado chunks out of the freezer about 15 minutes before making the bowl to help your blender puree them. If you skip this step, you may end up with little green bits in your smoothie bowl.
Toasted hazelnuts need to be completely cooled before adding to this recipe. I usually do toast the hazelnuts ahead of time and keep my toasted hazelnuts in a jar.
Nutritional value is approximate and it’s for the smoothie bowl without any toppings. This recipe makes one large or two smaller smoothie bowls.
Serving Size1 bowl
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 18.5g||24%|
|Total Carbohydrate 53.3g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.4g||33%|
|Vitamin A4%Vitamin C21%|
Leave a Reply