- Avocado or Olive oil spray
- 1 Large Eggplant 1 1/2- 2 lbs washed and unpeeled
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese 9 points ( I used Kraft)
- 3/4 cup jarred pasta or marinara sauce 4 points (I used Stop & Shop)
- * see photo
- 1 TBSP grated Parmesan cheese 1 point
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper optional red pepper flakes
- Garlic Powder
- Fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees/ Line large rimmed baking pan with parchment paper and spray with oil.
- Slice eggplant into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Place slices on baking sheet, spray with oil and season as per your taste with the salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Roast for 15 minutes.
- Flip eggplant slices and spray oil again. Roast another 15 minutes until browned and tender (fork should pierce easily).
- Remove from oven and decrease oven temperature to 425 degrees.
- Arrange some of the roasted eggplant slices in a casserole dish you have spritzed with oil. (The size & depth of your dish will determine the amount layers you will get. The dish I used was fairly big so I only made two layers.)
- Spread some of the sauce on top of the slices & sprinkle some of the shredded mozzarella. Place some fresh basil leaves.
- Repeat this process and complete as many layers as your dish allows.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top of the final layer.
- Bake the casserole uncovered until golden and bubbly. Approximately 15 – 20 minutes.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes. Cut and Enjoy!
Leave a Reply