Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes Yield: 0 slices Category: Dessert
Easy decadent, rich, no bake chocolate tart (egg less) made with chopped milk chocolate, butter and cream on a buttery crust.
FOR THE BISCUIT BASE/ CRUST
- 40 pieces Butter Cookies (approx. 335 grams)
- 5 tbsp Unsalted Butter (melted)
FOR THE CHOCOLATE FILLING
- 3 1/4 cups Pure Milk Chocolate (500 grams)
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh Cream (340 grams)
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter (softened (112 grams))
- Blend the butter cookies until they are complete powder like.
- Transfer the crushed cookies to a mixing bowl and add the melted unsalted butter to it. Give this a mix and transfer the mixture to a 10 inch tart tin.
- Shape the crust/ base of the tart and let it set in the refrigerator for at least thirty minutes.
- Chop the room temperature milk chocolate to small pieces (approx. 1 to 2 cm) and transfer the chocolate to a mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup softened butter to the chocolate and keep aside.
- Heat cream in a saucepan until it just begins to boil. Once you start seeing bubbles on the corners, take the cream off the heat and pour it over the chocolate butter mixture.
- Let it sit for about 50-60 seconds and mix it very slowly with a whisk until everything comes together.
- Let the mixture cool for about 4-5 minutes. If it is very hot, then let it cool for a few more minutes before pouring it on the set chilled crust.
- Transfer the tart carefully to the refrigerator and let it set overnight.