Irresistible, meaty, juicy, aromatic and full of flavour, these mushroom souvlaki are a must have on your vegan barbecue spread.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 souvlaki
- 300 g Oyster Mushrooms
- 300 g Brown Mushrooms
…for the marinade…
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
2 tsp Garlic Cloves grated or 1garlic powder
1 Lemon Juice
1 tbsp Maple Syrup
1/2 tbsp Paprika
1 tsp Sumac
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Parsley
- Clean the mushrooms with a damp cloth just enough to remove the dirt.
- Place in a big bowl (better if glass) and season with all the ingredients of the marinade.
- Stir well with a spoon making sure to coat all the mushrooms with the spices.
- Place a weight on top (a plate with a few cans will do the trick) and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the weight and give the mushrooms a thorough stir.
- Arrange in skewers (4 large, or 6-8 medium/small) alternate the two types of mushrooms.
- Cook on the barbecue for around 20 minutes (or to your liking) turning the souvlaki often.
- Serve immediately with some vegan tzatziki sauce, your favourite salad and some pita bread.
- You can also cook these mushroom souvlaki over the grill or a hot skillet for 20 minutes flipping them often, or in the oven at 220°C (430°F) preferably on grill mode until slightly charred.
- I do not recommended to eat these souvlaki cold or at room temperature.
Calories: 126kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Potassium: 711mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 85IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 2mg
Leave a Reply