Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes Yield: 6 medium puffs Category: Appetizer
Flaky puff pastry stuffed with garlic onions and mushrooms.
- 2 tbsp Vegan Butter (salted)
- 300 grams Vegan Puff Pastry (store bought)
- 200 grams Mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 1 cup Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 tsp chilly powder
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Thaw the puff pastry on the kitchen counter.
- In a saucepan, heat butter on medium flame.
- Add the chopped garlic and onion and let this cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped mushrooms, chilly powder, salt & pepper. Let this cook for about 4-5 minutes until the mushrooms are completely cooked. Turn off the flame and let this mixture cool for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree celsius. Roll out the puff pastry and cut it length wise. Spread the mushroom mixture on the rolled out pastry with a distance of about 1 cm from the edges.
- Put the other pastry on top of the mixture. Press the sides hard using a fork and brush the egg wash on it followed by sprinkling of some sesame seeds.
- Bake in the oven by placing them on baking sheet (which is lined with butter paper) at 180 degree celsius for 25 minutes or until they are puffed up completely and turn golden in colour.