Middle Eastern Chickpea & Black Bean Salad
PREP TIME10 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME10 MINUTES
A healthy middle-eastern inspired salad with black beans and chickpeas! Tasty, delicious and super easy to make!
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar or maple syrup
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 – 15 oz can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 1 – 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 pint grape tomatoes (or mini heirloom!), halved
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients: garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and sugar. Taste, add salt and pepper, and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- In a separate large bowl, toss chickpeas, black beans, red onion, tomatoes, basil, parsley and mint together. Pour dressing over and gently toss to combine. Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving to allow flavors to soak in. Sprinkle avocado on top if desired.
Nutrition does not include avocado or feta.
This recipe was inspired by Trader Joe’s Balela Salad
Servings: 4 servings
Serving size: 1 serving