- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of almond milk until smooth. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the maple syrup, remaining almond milk, and coconut milk until fully combined.
- Bring the mixture to a gentle boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to low, and whisk in the cornstarch mixture. Continue to whisk until the mixture has thickened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and whisk in the coconut oil, vanilla extract, and salt until smooth.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely at room temperature, then chill it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Once the mixture is chilled, add it to an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- During the last 5 minutes of churning, add in the chopped walnuts.
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 4 hours, or until firm.