PREP TIME 6 hrs 30 mins
COOK TIME 15 mins
TOTAL TIME 12 hrs 15 mins
- 20 Graham crackers or digestive biscuits
- 50 grams Butter melted
- 4 mangoes large, ripe or 2.5 cups mango puree
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 300 grams cream cheese dairy or vegan
- 100 grams cream optional, dairy or vegan
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 5 grams agar agar flakes soaked in 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add 20 digestive biscuits in a food processor and process till the they resemble coarse crumbs.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and add melted butter. Mix well. Transfer the prepared mixture and spread well. Press with the bottom a flat bowl and make the crust smooth. Chill it for 30 minutes as we prepare the next layer.
- Measure and chop 5 grams agar agar flakes finely. Soak the chopped agar agar strips in 1/2 cup water and set aside. If you are using agar powder, you can mix 3 teaspoons of it in 1/2 cup water at the time of using.
- Peel and roughly chop 3 large and ripe mangoes. Transfer the chopped mangoes to a blender jar and blend to a smooth puree. Keep aside until use. You will need 2.5 cups mango puree or this recipe.
- Take the cream cheese in a clean bowl and whisk well until smooth.
- To this add fresh cream if using, vanilla extract, sugar and mix very well. The mixture should be very smooth.
- Add about 1 1/2 cups of mango puree to the cream cheese mixture and mix well. Keep the remaining 1 cup mango puree in a separate bowl. You can use a food processor or blender for making the batter
- Now check on the agar flakes, they should be soft. Heat it gently in low flame until they dissolve completely and the mixture turns gelatinous.
- Now quickly add 3/4 of the agar solution to the cream cheese mango filling and mix very well. Pour this cheesecake batter over the chilled cheesecake crust, tap to level and return to refrigerator for 30 minutes. After pouring the cheesecake mango filling, some air bubbles will be formed and make sure to prick them away with a tooth pick for smooth looking cake.
- In the meanwhile add the remaining agar solution to the reserved mango puree, also add 1 tablespoon lemon juice and mix well. Cook this in low flame for 3-4 minutes
- Pour this glaze over the set mango cream cheese layer carefully. Level with a spoon if required.Chill the prepared cheesecake at-least for 4 hours. Overnight chilling is preferred. Slice and serve the mango cheesecake immediately, thoroughly chilled.
- 1. You can use gelatin instead of agar agar2. The top most mango glaze layer is optional.3. Instead of cream cheese you can use a mix of hung curd and smooth fresh paneer4. Instead of mango glaze you can make a compote with cherry or strawberry and add it too.
- Serving: 7servingsCalories: 462kcalCarbohydrates: 55gProtein: 6gFat: 25gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 454mgPotassium: 332mgFiber: 3gSugar: 32gVitamin A: 2034IUVitamin C: 43mgCalcium: 89mgIron: 2mg