Total Time: 17 minutes Yield: 4 people 1x Diet: Vegan
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
An Indian salad known as Makhana Salad – Healthy Protein Salad is sure to tempt your taste buds! This delectable salad has few calories and is light on the stomach. Include makhanas, a highly nutrient-dense food, in your regular diet. The ideal healthy salad to incorporate into your daily routine and reap the full benefits of makhanas is makhana salad.
2 cups – Makhana/fox nuts roasted
1 cup – Chickpeas soaked overnight and boiled
4 to 5 – Broccoli Florets
4 to 5 – Cherry tomatoes cut in half
1 cup – Lettuce chopped
1/4 cup – Peanuts roasted
1/2 cup – Grapes sliced
10 to 15 – Cashew roasted
4 tbsp – Thai sweet red chili sauce
4 tbsp – Coriander leaves chopped
3 tbsp – Olive oil
1/2 tsp – Black Salt
3 tbsp – Lemon Juice
1 tbsp – Red chili flakes
1/2 tsp – Pink salt to taste
1/2 tsp – Black salt to taste
Heat a pan and add 2 tbsp olive oil.
Now add the broccoli florets.
Stir fry the florets for 2 minutes and then take it out. Turn off the flame.
Take a mixing bowl and add boiled chickpeas or you can take canned chickpeas too.(Note: If taking canned chickpeas remeber to drain the water nicely.
Now add the roasted peanuts.
Add sliced grapes and then add the fried broccoli florets.
Add chopped lettuce leaves.
Add roasted cashews.
Add cherry tomatoes.
Add black salt and pink salt to taste.
Add chopped coriander leaves.
Add red chili powder.
Add lemon juice.
Add red Thai sweet chili sauce.
Now add the roasted makhana at last when you are ready to consume.
Mix everything nicely.
I forgot to add the onion chopped add now.
Mix well and transfer into a serving bowl or cup.
Enjoy the delicious salad immediately.
- Make sure the makhana are crispy by either dry roasting them over medium heat on the stovetop or microwaving them for 30-second intervals. Stir them occasionally to ensure even roasting.
- Make sure the makhanas don’t fly or roll out when you roughly crush them before adding them to the remaining ingredients.
- The spice amount can be changed based on your preference.
- Making it a protein-rich snack is as simple as adding almonds and roasted chickpeas.
- Avoid adding deep-fried snacks to maintain a healthy score.
- Use your imagination to the fullest and sprinkle some hemp and chia seeds on top.
- Due to the high protein value of roasted pumpkin seeds, You can certainly include them in this dish.
- Reduce your salt intake because other components will add a lot of salt to the dish.
- When you’re ready to eat, add the roasted Makahana to keep it crisp for a longer period of time.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients with the exception of the makhana, and set it away until needed.
- You might also pack Makhana salad `for a quick lunch at work. Keep in mind to pack the roasted Makahan in a different Ziploc or container.
- Serving Size: 4 people
- Calories: 250Kcal
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 190mg
- Fat: 15g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 10g
- Cholesterol: 2mg