Loaded Zucchini Bake
- 3-4 Medium-sized zucchini
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1/2 White onion
- Vegan bacon (such as tempeh bacon or coconut bacon)
- 1 Block vegan cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Grated vegan parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup of vegan butter or coconut oil
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- Fresh oregano leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On low heat, begin cooking vegan bacon in skillet according to package directions. Nearly a whole pack of vegan bacon will be used (I had only 3 pieces leftover).
- Slice the zucchini, onion, and tomato.
- In a 9×13 baking dish, evenly layer zucchini until bottom of dish is covered.
- Drizzle zucchini with a touch of olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place several dollops of vegan butter or coconut oil (4-5) on top of zucchini.
- Next layer with 1/4 sliced onion; then layer with one sliced tomato.
- Once vegan bacon is fully cooked; crumble.
- Add a layer of crumbled vegan bacon on top of the vegetable layers.
- Next, sprinkle vegan bacon with an even layer of shredded vegan cheddar cheese. I shredded mine fresh directly on the dish.
- Complete same layers as listed once more.
- Top the final layer of shredded vegan cheddar cheese with grated vegan parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle with fresh oregano leaves.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and cheese is golden brown.
- Enjoy as a main dish or side dish.