prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 45 MINUTES
total time: 1 HOUR
Easy lemon bread recipe that everyone will love! If you want to make lemon bread, try this quick and easy recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- ¼ cup mayo or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon lemon extract
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan and line it with parchment paper so it has handles on the side for easy loaf removal.
- In a medium mixing bowl sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl using a stand mixer or electric hand mixer, beat butter and sugar until creamy 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, lemon juice, zest, mayo or sour cream and whisk just until combined.
- Add in the flour mixture and mix until combined and smooth, so not overmix.
- Add the batter to the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top using a spatula.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted comes clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, after that remove the bread and place it on a wire rack to fully cool.
- In a small bowl add the glaze ingredients, adding the milk 1 tablespoon at a time, and mix until smooth. Spread on top of the cooled bread and garnish with lemon zest.
- Nutrition Information:
- SERVING SIZE:
- Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 417TOTAL FAT: 19gSATURATED FAT: 9gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 9gCHOLESTEROL: 104mgSODIUM: 341mgCARBOHYDRATES: 58gFIBER: 1gSUGAR: 39gPROTEIN: 5g
- Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix – please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.