PREP TIME 23 mins
COOK TIME 32 mins
TOTAL TIME 55 mins
- 3/4 cup kidney beans 1.5 cups boiled
- 1/2 cup onions chopped
- 1 cup cucumber chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup bell peppers chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste
- Pick and rinse the kidney beans thoroughly. You can use any variety of it. I have used small ones here. Soak in plenty of water for 8-12 hours.Drain excess water and cook the beans until they turn soft
- Add the cooked kidney beans to a large bowl. Add chopped onions.
- Next add the other vegetables and cilantro leaves.
- Mix well.
- Add 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, salt to taste and 1 teaspoon sugar. You can adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir and toss everything well together. Serve kidney bean salad as light lunch or a as side in any continental meal.
Serving: 4 servings