This casserole highlights chicken, cauliflower, cherry tomatoes, and a luscious cream sauce. The cream sauce in this recipe ties together perfectly with the cherry tomatoes, pesto, and lemon. They bring a wonderful fresh flavor to cut through the richness of all the fat and savory ingredients. I used heavy whipping cream as the main ingredient for the cream sauce, but you could use sour cream if you prefer a touch more acidity. You can also pre-cook the cauliflower some and wring it out gently to get rid of some of the extra moisture in the casserole if preferred.
Yields 6 servings of Keto Chicken Casserole
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounce cream cheese
- 3 tablespoon pesto
- 1/2 medium lemon, juice of
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 32 ounce boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into pieces
- 1/2 medium yellow onion
- 4 ounce cherry tomatoes, sliced in halves
- 16 ounce cauliflower
- 7 ounce cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Gather and prep all ingredients. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. In a bowl, combine heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, pesto, and lemon juice. Stir until well combined, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
3. In a frying pan over medium to high heat, melt the butter. Add the cut up chicken pieces to the pan and cook until they are golden brown in color.
4. Put the cooked chicken in the bottom of a baking pan. Pour in the cream mixture on top of the chicken.
5. Top this off with the yellow onion, cherry tomatoes, and cauliflower.
6. Top all of this off with shredded cheddar cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cauliflower is fully cooked and cheese has melted.
7. Serve and enjoy!
This makes a total of 6 servings of Keto Chicken Casserole. Each serving comes out to be 619 calories, 50.5g fat, 5.9g net carbs, and 37.3g protein.
Leave a Reply