- 10 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup swerve confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup dutch process cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs slightly warmed
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup superfine almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2.8 oz sugar free dark chocolate roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease the interior of an 8-inch by 8-inch baking pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Remove eggs from fridge and place into a bowl filled with hot water. You do not want the water to be boiling because you don’t want to cook the eggs. Just use hot tap water from your kitchen sink. This will slightly warm up the inside of the eggs so that when they are cracked open and added into the batter later, they will not cause the butter to harden.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter in microwave. When butter is fully melted, add in the sugar.
- Whisk sugar until it is fully incorporated. The mixture should look thick and grainy. Place bowl back into the microwave and heat for about 40 seconds. The butter should be hot (but not bubbling) and separated from the sugar.
- Whisk the sugar and butter together so that it is uniform. You should notice it come together into a thin, smooth paste and the top should have a glossy finish.
- Whisk in cocoa powder. This will cause some of the butter to separate again, but that is okay.
- Add in warmed eggs, vanilla and whisk until batter is smooth.
- Add in baking powder and almond flour and gently whisk until flour is just incorporated. The batter should look glossy.
- Stir in 3/4 of the chopped chocolate. Your batter should be very thick
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Smooth and even out with spatula. Sprinkle remaining chocolate over surface.
- Bake brownies for about 18-20 minutes, until brownie batter is set and not runny. Brownies should be fully set around 20 minutes. If you want slightly underbaked and fudgier brownies, you can remove a few minutes earlier.
- Allow brownies to set for about 30 minutes before cutting and serving.
calories: 156kcal, carbohydrates: 4g, protein: 3g, fat: 15g, saturated fat: 8g, sodium: 15mg, fiber: 2g, net carbs: 2g
Leave a Reply