This Instant Pot Quinoa Burrito Bowl Recipe is- Super Yummy, Dump & Cook, made with 5 Main Ingredients & Done in 2 minutes in IP. Perfect Busy Week Meal. CourseMain Course, Salad, Side Dish, Snack CuisineAmerican, Mexican, Tex Mex Keywordgluten free taco bowls, instant pot mexican recipes, instant pot quinoa, quinoa burrito bowls, vegan mexican bowl Prep Time5 minutes Cook Time2 minutes Total Time7 minutes Servings4
- 1 cup Quinoa (regular white one) washed under cold water
- 1 can (15 ounce) Black Beans low sodium or salt free or washed under cold water
- 1 cup Salsa Medium Hot & Chunky
- 2 tbsp Taco Seasoning glutenfree
- 1&1/2 cups Water
- To Taste Salt if required
GARNISHES & TOPPINGS- use few or all
- 1/4 cup Bell Peppers, colorful finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Red Onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Cilantro leaves finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno sliced or chopped
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- Salsa and/or Pico de Gallo, Guacamole, Hot Sauce if desired
- Few Taco or Nacho Chips for extra crunch
- Wash the QUINOA under cold water for 2 minutes in a strainer and set aside. Wash the canned Black Beans under cold water and set aside. Place the inner liner inside the 3 quart or 6 quart Instant Pot. Plug it in.
- Add washed quinoa, salsa, washed canned black beans, chunky medium hot salsa, Taco seasoning and water to the inner pot. Give it a good stir.
- IMPORTANT – Now do a taste test for salt. If you think you need salt, then only add it. Since taco seasoning, canned black beans and salsa already have good amount of salt, you have to be careful about the quantity of salt you add. I normally wouldn’t add salt in this since I can always top it with more salsa or sprinkle more salt later on.
- Place the lid of the instant pot and close it. Set the Valve to SEALING. Press the Pressure Cook/Manual button and set it on HIGH & MORE for 2 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, follow NPR (natural pressure release). When the safety valve drops down, carefully open the lid. Let stand for 2 minutes.
- Take a fork and fluff it up. Your MEXICAN BURRITO BOWL or QUINOA BURRITO BOWL is ready to be served.
- Add the garnishes of your choice. I have used finely chopped colorful bell peppers, onions, jalapenos, cilantro to top it. And then a good squeeze of lime to make it perfect.
STORAGE & REFRIGERATION
- This recipe is perfect to be eaten warm or served as a COLD SALAD.
- Bring it to the room temperature. Store in air tight container in the refrigerator. Eat it as a cold salad with all the garnishes and salsa or pico de gallo and a squeeze of lime.
- Take it for a spring or summer potluck.
- Pack it for Lunch Box
- Make a quick and easy QUICK MEAL. Serve it with some Nachos chips on the side.