Quick, easy and vegan mushroom rice made in the Instant pot makes for a delicious weeknight dinner.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time11 mins
Resting time21 mins
Course: Main Course, Mains
- Instant Pot
For soaking the rice
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 3 cups water
For the mushroom rice
- 1.5 tablespoon neutral flavored vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped spring onion whites
- 5 fresh chives chopped roughly
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped celery leaves
- 300 grams sliced mushrooms
- 1.5 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt or to taste
- 1.25 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ cup finely chopped spring onion greens
- 3 fresh chives roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoon chopped spring onion greens
Washing and soaking the rice
- Place the basmati in a colander and wash under running water till water runs clear.
- Transfer this to a bowl and add 3 cups water.
- Let it soak for 15 mins.
- While the rice soaks, get the chopping done.
- Insert the stainless steel inner pot into the Instant Pot.
- Turn on Saute mode on Normal for 8 mins.
- Add oil and when it is heated up, add grated garlic.
- Saute the garlic for 20 to 30 secs.
- Now, add finely chopped onions and spring onion whites.
- Mix well and cook till onions turn pink and soft.
- If you are using low sodium broth, please add salt at this stage.
- Add chives and celery.
- Mix well.
- Now, add the sliced mushrooms and pepper.
- Stir to combine and cook till mushrooms wilt.
- For Instant Pot & Air Fryer Recipes
- Instant Pot timings may vary based on your geographic location. Air fryer settings and timings may vary based on the capacity and the model of the Air fryer.
- Nutrition values are provided here as a courtesy and are only a rough guide. Please consult a health care provider if you have any concerns.
- Serving: 250g